Saturday, July 3, 2010

focus~~

sometime have you ever felt that you got distracted by something while you actually wanna do another thing?

I have that all the time. But recently, this feeling strutted me a lot. I have been trying to do something, but then because i kept focusing on the by-product, and totally forgotten and ignored about the main thing, the real big thing.

E.G. you wanna study for your exam, so you were thinking it would be good if you have a nice and tidy desk. Therefore, you spent an hour on tidying the table, and then another hour, then another hour and at the end, you spent the whole day on tidying the table, and didn't study for the exam at all.

I am not saying we shouldn't tidy our table to improve the efficiency, but don't forget the main purpose of tidying the table. It is to study for the exam.

Sometime we just spend too much time on the details and minor thing. And we will forget about the main, big deal.

It is very important for you to remember that the goal and aim all the time. We should remind ourselves about the main purpose. To see whether the action that you are doing is it beneficial to the main purpose. To see whether the action is it necessary.

For instance, we can tidy the table for exam. For sure it is better for us to study. BUT, is it necessary to spend the whole day on it? or it can be done by 1 or 2 hours??

In our life, we may have a mission, have a calling, have a job to do. But because of the minor things, because of the small little thing, we got distracted.

For me, my job is to build a generation, for me, my job is to invest in people's life, no matter is teen, old people, or kids(lol..i prefer to invest on kids). anyway, that's not the point. BUT my main goal in life is to grow in GOD, to study his words, to be the salt. If I don't read his words, how am I gonna know/do what pleased him??

Sometime, we will forget about studying his words but we go fellowship, we bond with the people. I am not saying shouldn't go out with friends. But what I am saying here is that shouldn't affect you to read HIS words, that shouldn't affect you to grow in HIM.

Don't Let The Small Little Things Distract You. Focus On The Big Deal In Your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment